To supplement an excellent on-site management team, Greystar has a specialized Student Living Training Team that is unsurpassed in the industry. Our University Concept offers a systematic approach to mandatory annual training. Our in-house training team provides instruction on a variety of required, as well as extra-curricular classes. Among these topics are day-to-day property operations, leadership skills, marketing, sales and leasing, mastering the art of “turnover,” resident retention and customer service. Each Greystar Associate is required to have 40 hours of training each year, creating a continuous learning environment and growth for each Associate. Greystar has dedicated Trainers as well as leasing specialists with vast experience in the industry. This training team is available to assist both on-site and at the corporate office. Greystar also provides computer systems training and support for various software systems.
Field Support for Technology Training
- A member of the Greystar Training Department may travel to the location and provide on-site, individual training.
- Training Summits are held periodically at the corporate office, where Associates receive systems training in a classroom/computer lab format.
- WebEx Training Center allows the Associate and Trainer to view the same system application and train in a demonstration/conference call setting.
- Individual/specific needs can be addressed via a PC Anywhere connection to the Associate’s PC, where the Trainer and Associate work 1:1. Both the Trainer and Associate can control the application, allowing demonstration and practice.
- On-Site Systems Support is provided via our Helpdesk. The Greystar Helpdesk is available from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.After hours and/or emergency assistance is also available via request. The Helpdesk can be reached by phone or by e-mail. Helpdesk employees are located at home and office and are available to assist with any type of hardware, software or connectivity type issue.
Due to the value Greystar places on hiring the right individuals, we have established an overall recruiting road map. Our state-of-the-art staffing strategy includes a user-friendly online job posting and application system showcasing Greystar opportunities internally and externally. Greystar employs full time in-house recruiters focused on hiring only the best. Prior to making a job offer, all potential Greystar Associates go through an extensive interviewing process with multiple approval levels. This ensures that we are diligent in our hiring efforts and that we have a good culture fit from the beginning. As well, Greystar carefully screens all potential candidates and any exceptions require executive approval. The screening process for all associates includes a credit check, criminal background check,motor vehicle and reference verification. Drug Screening is also conducted on all associates.